Hightlights this year:
Celebrating our first year in Berlin
We moved to Berlin, Germany on June 14, 2017 with Mission Enablers International to Gnadenhaus(‘Mercy House’ in German). Here are some highlights:
So grateful to God!
* We were able to set up house here (many IKEA runs for appliances) and receive the container we shipped from California in June here to Berlin by August (a bit late but God provided).
* We have traveled to two YWAM Discipleship Schools in other parts of Germany for a week of training on worship--schools that went off to do outreaches in South Africa and Thailand.
* We have become members of the Burn 24-7 team here in Berlin and have led several hours of worship in the city. We also organized a ‘Red Light Burn’ against the sex industry and human trafficking on aJune 16th. We had several organizations and churches come together for this event in a fantastic show of unity including ICF Tempelhof, Lukas-Gemeinde and people from many churches in the city including Begegnungskirche, Die Kreative and many others working with organizations that serve in Berlin including Network against human Trafficking, Alabaster Jar, Cafe Neustart and International Justice Mission.
* We have increased the attendance at the monthly worship, The Tabernacle and have gained more of a rhythm in our events. The Tabernacle is strategic prayer and worship for Berlin. We also pray most mornings as at team for the city, the church here in Berlin and for Germany.
* We have begun a monthly training called “The Gathering” and have begun a series on pursuing the God who heals.
We had 40 people attending our first Prophecy Training weekend workshop in March and have another planned for September. We plan on running a women’s leadership course in November.
* We have partnered with other ministries and churches in the city including YWAM, Christ Fellowship, Fire and Fragrance and the Gebetskeller in worship, prayer and outreach.
Michael has successfully installed a roof on the back shed of the Gnadenhaus where we live and done fixes and changes wherever possible—blessing the house and people who stay here!
* We have housed and hosted short-term outreach teams from YWAM and European Initiative and Fire and Fragrance, and have maintained the house and grounds during our stay.
We have grown as Gnadenhaus team and finally feel a flow together. Thanks for partnering with us!
These are just some of the things God has done. There was a lot of networking and relationship-building that has happened over the past year and too much to fit into this letter. We are grateful for God’s ‘establishing’ work and for you in our lives.
For our next year, we need your prayer and help if you can, financially. We need an additional $1700 for health insurance in order to meet our visa requirements and would love to also raise $2000 for a car in our second year. We have friends who would like to sell their car cheaply to us. If you would like to contribute toward this with a one-time gift, please click on the link below for ways to give.
Here is the link to give: GIVE ONLINE